1. Rain- it was such a dry year last year, having a damp September and October didn’t bother me at all
2. Grace, and the experiences to help me develop it
4. My faith-took a beating this year and came out stronger for it
5. Mid- I don’t know what I would do without him. He is my other, more solid half
6.Opportunity-both mine and Mid’s
8. The family we choose- chosen family is what got me through this year (in large part)
10. Heat-my landlords are being much more consistent with heating this fall
13. My car holding up another year
14. My money situation being that much more stable this year.
15. Talents and skills, and the opportunities to expand those
16. My housing, and the neighborhood I live in
17. My job
18. Healthcare-there’s been multiple health scares in my family this year, and being able to address them is a blessing
19. Small comforts
20. Price Rite and Aldis-it always sounds so shallow, but being able to feed us for less is such a weight off of my mind
21. Learning new skills- canning both helps us save money and I just find it enjoyable
22. My blog readers-my readership has about tripled this year and I’m grateful for everyone who reads this blog!
24. The bus system-as flawed as it is
25. Education-not just the formal, in the classroom kind
26. Growing maturity
31. Politics-as much as I dislike national politics, the ability to have involvement is a blessing that I’m not sure is as appreciated as it should be
33. Glasses-getting new glasses in February made me realize this is something that I need to stay on top of more frequently
37. vitamin D-last year I was grateful for tofu. This year, vitamin d is helping with my SAD.
39. new paths
41. my spindles
42. humility-as much as I struggle with it
43. a support network
44. another year without having to worry about necessities like food, water, housing, and heat
45. that those I love haven’t had to worry about the same.
46. That many of those I love have found themselves to be in much better places than they were at the start of this year (that saying are you better off now? seems to be answered with ‘yes’ for most people I know).
50. social media-90% of my friends aren’t local anymore and being able to communicate with them easily is a gift.