Not every project needs to be complicated to be pretty. However, Mid has made me a liar the one time I try to use a shortcut-he told everyone at work that I baked the cookies.
I won’t tell if you won’t.
1 package shortbread cookies
Chocolate-melts, chocolate chips, or candy bars
double boiler or a glass bowl that will fit over a sauce pan
1. Over a double boiler, melt chocolate. Stir often to keep it from scorching and make sure no water gets into the chocolate or it will seize.
2. Using tongs, dip half the cookie into the chocolate. Make sure both sides are coated and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
3. Dust chocolate with edible glitter on both sides of cookie.
4. Let dry on parchment paper on the pan.
5. When completely dry (wait a few hours) place in a sealed container.
King Arthur Flour carries edible glitter if you don’t want to try to make your own. Or use sprinkles or sanding sugar.
Honestly, next time I would probably use white chocolate just to show off the color of the sugar more.
Please, Stop By and Share With Us at Inspired Weekends!