True confession time: I hated this yarn when I was first working on it.
The first bobbin really bothered me, so much in fact that I took it off of Freya and went on to something else for awhile.
Then I realized that it reminded me of a storm, including the fields and ground underneath the clouds. And instantly fell in love with it.
The fiber was sold as dyed locks in a giant bin. You could either sort through and pick out certain colors or grab handfuls. I went the handfuls route and this is the end result.
I’m going to spin some black to go with it and make a scarf.
Also, look at that first photo. A nice, happy balanced yarn. They’re starting to come off of my wheel balanced, and I’m really pleased about that.
wool: dyed Lincoln locks from Liberty Ridge
yardage: 220 (+/- 10 yards, I don’t have my specs in front of me)
Bloggers-I have started a new group board on Pinterest. Open to all DIY, craft, food, or other creative blogs, I would love to have you join. Joining instructions are posted on the board-join here.
Please, stop by this week’s Inspired Weekends!