Did you know that Romero never got around to copywriting The Night of the Living Dead, so for a very long time the whole thing was in the public domain?
I don’t know if it’s still true but for awhile you could pretty much do whatever you want with the movie, or the title.
After my last major mint harvest, my mint decided it had enough. Even with watering, the plants dried up and turned brown. I got busy and never got around to cleaning out the boxes. I thought I would go buy a new plant eventually, but it wasn’t a priority.
Then I happened to glance down walking by-and then had to look again.
The boxes were slowly turning green again. New baby shoots were starting to come up and there were some new leaves on the ‘dead’ stalks.
I’ve been told that part of the reason that mint is so hard to kill is that the roots themselves just don’t want to let go. My plants probably got root bound and when the tops died out, the roots moved out a little and sent up new shoots. So now I have plants coming up in new places in the box.
I’ve been feeding them coffee and watering them. And frankly, just sort of staring at my zombie mint.
I don’t know which is more amusing to me-that I managed to kill mint or that I’m not even good enough a gardener to actually kill mint.
Bloggers-I have started a new group board on Pinterest. Open to all DIY, craft, food, or other creative blogs, I would love to have you join. Joining instructions are posted on the board-join here.
Please, stop by this week’s Inspired Weekends!